Sir Paul Williams OBE KStJ , DL
Bevan Commission Member
Having completed a successful and distinguished career as a NHS Manager spanning 45 years, serving as a Chief Executive of three NHS Trusts, chair and member on numerous National Committees and culminating as CEO NHS Wales and Director General for Health and Social Services, Welsh Government and Past President Institute of Health Care Management, I am currently involved with various charities as listed below.
- John Cymru Wales, Prior and Chair of Board of Trustees 2017 to date.
- International Order of St John – Member of Grand Council and Trustee 2018 to date.
- Chair and Trustee RMBI Care Company 2016 to date.
- Trustee Masonic Charitable Foundation 2016 to date.
- Member of Bevan Commission (an independent health and social care think tank) 2013 to date.
- Llamau (charity for young homeless people) member of the Advisory Council 2018 to date.
- Royal Voluntary Services, Board of Trustees 2012 to 2017
- Natural Resources Wales, Non Exec Director 2012 to 2018
- Chair Public Transport Users Advisory Panel, Welsh Government. 2014 to 2018
- Member of the Commission on Cooperatives and Mutuals, Welsh Government. 2013 - 2015
- Chair, Commission on Public Service Governance and Delivery, Welsh Government. 2013 – 2014
Health Authorities in Wales, NHS Acute Services Review 1997
A Review of Capacity in NHS Wales – A Question of Balance 2002
Workforce Planning in Wales 2006
Public Service Governance and Delivery in Wales 2014
PROFESSIONAL and ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Companion, Institute of Health Care Management.
Companion Chartered Institute of Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies.
High Sheriff South Glamorgan 2007/8
Deputy Lieutenant South Glamorgan 2010 to date
O.B.E., for Services to the National Health Service 2000
Knight Bachelor, for services to NHS Wales 2011
KStJ, for services to St. John Cymru Wales 2015
Honorary Fellow, Cardiff Metropolitan University 2010
Honorary Doctorate, University of South Wales 2013
Visiting Professor, University of South Wales 2014 to date