Bevan Commission International Conference 2018
3rd Jul 2018 - 4th Jul 2018
The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, Wales
70 years on, what does the future of health and care look like in Wales and beyond?
In 1948, Aneurin Bevan changed the way we think about healthcare forever. 70 years on from the birth of the NHS, join the Bevan Commission for a two-day international conference to explore what the future of health and care looks like in Wales and worldwide.
Why join us?
- CPD accredited
- Hear from internationally acclaimed experts
- Compare and contrast UK health systems
- Debate the social model of health and care for the future
- Help to develop a prudent, cooperative health charter
- Discover new solutions that will help to transform the way we work together
- Learn from leaders in industry, academia and the NHS showcasing collaborative innovation
- Celebrate 70 years of the NHS and 10 years of the Bevan Commission
- Network with practitioners, policy makers and community members
Discover our confirmed speakers below.
Breakout sessions will explore what’s next for health and care, including interactive debates on future workforce, digital innovation and smart communities.
Many of Wales’ most innovative and community-focused organisations have confirmed they will be leading discussions, including:
- Wales Co-Operative Centre
- Linc Care
- Monmouthshire Council
- Rhyl City Strategy
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
- Cognitive Edge
- Solva Care
- Public Health Wales
- Torfaen County Borough Council
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Swansea University
- …and many more to be confirmed
If you engage in Continuing Professional Development this conference counts up to 15 CPD hours. You will receive a certificate after we receive your completed post-conference evaluation.
Professor Chris Ham CBE
Chief Executive, The Kings Fund
Lieutenant-General (Retd) Louis Lillywhite
Surgeon General (Retired), UK Armed Forces and Chatham House
Dr Jennifer Dixon
Chief Executive, Health Foundation
Professor Deirdre Heenan
Director, Health & Wellbeing Research Centre, Ulster University
Dr Andrew Goodall
Director General of Health and Social Services/ Chief Executive, NHS Wales
Sir Michael Marmot
Director, Institute of Health Equity, UCL
Sir Anthony Newman Taylor
Professor Marcus Longley
Chair, Cwm Taf University Health Board
Director, Bevan Commission
Sir Mansel Aylward
Chair, Life Sciences Hub Wales and Bevan Commission