Bevan Commission Intensive Learning Week a huge success
Health and care staff from across Wales took part in an inaugural online 5-day intensive learning week at the end of November, led by the Bevan Commission and the All-Wales Intensive Learning Academy for Innovation in Health and Social Care and opened by Eluned Morgan MS. With more than 30 speakers, workshop leaders and panellists, sessions covered the theories and practicalities of developing, delivering and leading transformation programmes for better health and care.
More than 85 people registered to attend the week, and attendees brought their own unique workplace challenges as case studies to work on throughout the week and were given time to apply their learning to the development of new ideas and solutions.
Speakers during the week included healthcare leaders, in addition to health and care staff with experience in developing and delivering their own transformation projects, including:
- Judith Paget, Chief Executive NHS Wales
- Ifan Evans, Director of Technology, Digital and Transformation, Welsh Government
- Dr Gill Richardson, Deputy Chief Medical Officer (Vaccines)
- Professor Don Berwick, President Emeritus Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Behavioural Insights Team.
Explore the Intensive Learning Academy’s introductory courses, MSc Programme in Advanced Health and Care Management, and scholarships.